Saturday, January 24, 2009

Restless

“When we tire of well-worn ways, we seek for new. This restless craving in the souls of men spurs them to climb, and to seek the mountain view.” ~ Ella Wheeler Wilcox

I don't know what it is that has me restless right now. Whether it was my long break over the holidays, or whether it is the fresh new year that is upon us. I am seeking the mountain view, climbing the hills to find out what is at the top. Hoping that this year will lead to something bigger than what is now.

Like many of you, I've re-vamped many of my business ideas and practices for the new year. Organizing and re-organizing. Isn't it true that, just when you think you've got it all figured out, you want to re-create or move yourself ahead of where you are? At least it is for me :)

I've got a pot of creativity stirring in my soul. Ready to jump out and find itself in form of a photograph. I'm hoping it will find itself very soon!

Do you find yourself restless, like me? Are you on the brink of something new, something untold? Feel free to leave comments to let me know how you curb it!

I'll leave you with a picture (or a few). Here is my oldest, 7 and a half. He lost his first upper tooth last week and on a day where I was wanting to shoot, but just had no opportunities. And here, one fell in my lap! There was a little unexpected surprise when he started talking after he lost it. With one tooth missing, he's unable to say his Ses, Fs and THs. It's a happy surprise that makes me fall in love with him all over again every time he talks. I'm hoping these photos will make me remember and giggle all over again later on when he's no longer a boy.

1 comment:

April Alcorn said...

Love his missing toofer!!!!! What a handsome guy!!! I'm still completely addicted to your LR presets btw... :P