Sunday, January 11, 2009

One way I'm driving traffic to my blog...

first of all, sorry i've been MIA! it's been a little crazy around here... but anyway, i was racking my brain about what i could post that would be helpful when it finally came to me.. i want to share one way i'm boosting traffic to my blog and hopefully my website. i'm running a favorite image of 2008 contest on my blog! i chose 30 of my favorite 2008 images and posted them. i then set up a poll (you can do this for free through polldaddy.com) and sent an email blast to all my customers announcing the contest. in the email i told them about the contest, what the prizes are, when it ends and then put a direct link to make it super easy for them to go vote. about 1/2 way through i sent another email to everyone who had an image in the contest reminding them of the prizes, letting them know who was winning and telling them that really anyone could still win and to send the information to all their family and friends. at this very moment i've had 914 votes in 10 days! i know that some of those votes were other photographers, but i'd like to think that most of them are future clients!
if you'd like to see how i set mine up, click here.
~Hope

2 comments:

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

wow, thats awesome! did you just pick 1 per session? good idea.

Heather Georger said...

Hope that is a ton of votes in 10 days!!!! This is on my list for next year for sure! Thanks!