Sunday, January 11, 2009

Tilt-Shift

This is mostly for fun, if you can find a useful way to use I'd love to see the results, maybe something that needs more selective focus. Tilt-shift cameras are expensive and are often used in landscape work, but on the right photo it can create the illusion of miniatures. It works best on photos from a wider angle (further away) and somewhat downward, and even better without people.

Here's an example:

Before
Photobucket
After
Photobucket

Here's the link to the action if you wanna play (it's half directions, half action) *link fixed now*

Terms of Use: Have fun but don't redistribute, sell, or claim as your own.

BTW I can't take credit for taking the photo. My mom took this photo on a trip to Ireland, I just color-corrected, sharpened and cropped it and then ran the action.

Kayla

4 comments:

Heather Georger said...

This totally looks like a miniature town! Very cool!

Jeannette Chirinos Gold said...

I like this action Kyla, and I will love to download it but the link does not work!

Kayla Renckly said...

Thanks Jeanette It's fixed now!

Stefanie said...

Wow! Very cool!