Thursday, January 8, 2009

Back up, back up, back up

So yesterday I had a hard drive die on me. Yuck, no fun at all. It was a fairly new one and still under warranty, but this has still turned out to be a major pain in my rear end!

I recently backed up all my client stuff, so business wise I was ok, but unfortunately there were several folders that hadn't been backed up with personal stuff and templates - all the data was lost. I'm currently looking into drivesavers to see if I can recover anything, but the cost is going to be huge!!!! The initial quote I received was between $1000 and $1900....yikes! So I can't emphasize it enough - as boring and as big of a pain as it is, back up your files.

Do it now while your still thinking about it! :)

1 comment:

Heather Georger said...

This can not be said enough!!!! When I was pbing I was planning on backing up all my files at the end of the month, well we had a HUGE lightning storm and the computer got fried, nothing was able to be recovered. I lost so so so much that I just wanted to cry myself a river. It was horrible. Now I back up every night to the external and when I'm ready to delete things from my computer they always get burned to a cd first.