Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Whoa yellow baby!

I'm working on editing my newborn session from Sunday and the poor baby is juandice.. big time! It's especially noticeable in the few that I have with her eyes open. I've never had this problem before, so I wasn't sure what to do, until Charlotte (Charlotte Stringer Photography) gave me this awesome tip: go to layer, new adjustment layer, hue/saturation. Then take the saturation slider to a negative 20-25, or until it looks right to you. Then I took the sponge tool on desaturation at 50% over the whites of her eyes until they looked white. I then did my normal processing which included a slight curves and levels adjustment, slightly dodging her eyes (on highlight at 15%), and sharpening for print. And then I'm also including a black and white version for good measure! This was a free b/w action from Arya.. someone mentioned it a few post down and I beleive said you could get it on the PIF blog.
I also wanted to mention that most people who know me know that I use Portraiture on pretty much all my images. I didn't care for it on this particular image, but normally I will run it on its own layer and then adjust the opacity to about 40%.
Photobucket

~Hope