Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Trying to learn strobe lighting

Hi there! Elli from Montana again...

A friend got me started learning off camera flash lighting. What a fun adventure! I'm still gathering the equipment I need, but I finally found a  model who doesn't fidget, doesn't complain, and doesn't require bribes!

Here's my first acceptable shot...

my best model

A lot of what I have learned so far is from my friends over at One Photo Source forum, but I've also started digging into the Strobist site...sooooo much information there!

3 comments:

Heather Georger said...

The lighting looks great Elli! What lights do you have?

Unknown said...

For that shot I was using indirect window light camera left, and a Sunpak flash and shoot through umbrella camera right.

♥ Leia Everett-Reeves ♥ said...

love it!!!!
I really want to learn off camera flash soo bad!!