Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Meet other photographers

One thing that has been very helpful to me since getting serious with my photography has been finding other photographers to guide me and to inspire me.

The single best outlet has been my camera club. Camera club you say? Yes, there are actually clubs for people like you and me! Mine has been fantastic for me because, if anything, its taught me what to look for in a good photograph.

Try google to find one near you.

Another resource has been meetup groups. I've gone on several photo 'safaris' with other photographers that has helped me look at things differently and try different things. I'm mainly a portrait photographer but do love to get landscape/animal photos if I can do it well and these safari's give me the opportunity.

I found several on meetup.com and I bet you may be able to find one near you too!

No comments: