Wednesday, January 7, 2009


When feeling uninspired but still want to get out and take some pictures, consider building a collection of images that could be used as texture or digital backdrops for compositions at a later date.  Best to organise these in a specific folder so you know where to find them when necessary. If you collect a few, they probably need categorizing i.e. bright colours, plain, abstract etc

The stones & ice picture below - I quickly put on my profile picture, reduced opacity and blend mode to difference.  I did this really quickly, so definitely not claiming any great work of art! The following picture is a footplate on an old truck - I just played to get an abstract picture.

The stones above I had on my disc for a little while, it became the inspiration for my website and used as the banner on all the pages.

The bark and leaves I haven't used yet - but who knows, maybe one day they will come in useful.




2 comments:

Heather Georger said...

Love the tree bark!!! That is a killer texture!

Unknown said...

I was thinking the same thing...that bark would be a great texture!