Wednesday, December 31, 2008

{Southern MA/Northern RI Photographer} Life Stills Photography


My name is Tara. As a mother and a wife I know how precious a picture that truly captures the spirit of a child is. However, I have found that chain studios don’t always do an adequate job of catching a child’s spark, and not everyone is able to go out to a studio and have formal portraits taken. This has become even more apparent to me through my years as an occupational therapist working with infants and children with special needs. Having a passion for photography, I naturally began to think of ways I could combine these three aspects of my life, photography, motherhood and working with children of all capabilities into one business that would help me enable people to truly capture the precious moments in their life

I believe that every child is beautiful as they are and deserves to have pictures that reflect them as the unique individuals they are. I believe that the best way to achieve this is to bring the photographer to the child. And this is how Life Stills Photography began.
I currently work full time as a pediatric occupational therapist and split my time during the school system and early intervention. In April of 2008 I published Sensational Fun which is a set of sensory activity cards for parents to use with their children. They can be found at http://www.theraproducts.com/.
I have been getting very busy with my photography though. I shoot mainly on weekends and edit when my family is sleeping (which does not leave much time for me to sleep). But, I love every minute of it and have such a passion for what I do.

As of lately, I have begun to branch out to landscape, nature, and macro photography and have found this to be quite fulfilling as well and I am working on building that portion of my work.

You can check me out here http://www.lifestillsphotography.com/ but keep in mind my site is new and a work in progress!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

woah... where in RI are you?? I'm in Cumberland!

Tara Lyn said...

wow that is crazy. I am right over the boarder in MA. Not too far from walmart, sears, Lowe's area. We are probably 15 minutes from each other! Nice to meet you!