Thursday, January 1, 2009

{Arya Wiese Photography - New Plymouth, ID}

This is an image captured with Arya's webcam on her Imac of her and her three children. Taken Dec. 21, 2008. She recently moved from Aloha, Oregon and now she currently lives in New Plymouth, Idaho and is working to relaunch her business in Idaho. Feel free to check out her website or her other blogs: Personal and Business
A story of one AA member

A young woman (about the age of 29) w/3 kids hanging off of her and a handsome man pushing her to speak raises her hand and says the following: "Hello, My name is Arya and I am a photo-holic. I started taking pictures a very long time ago. Mostly w/b&w film. I learned how to develop the negatives and create prints in a dark room." she sighs and her face gets all dreamy-like. "Oh how I loved the smell." her eyes close as she remembers the faint chemical smells, the man next to her gently prods her to move along in the story.

"I made the switch to digital shortly after my husband went to Iraq. Boy was that a change, soon I had instant gratification and my passion to capture the fleeting moments of our son's lives so that my husband wouldn't feel as though he missed anything by serving our country." she turns to the handsome man sitting next to her and mouth's {I love you}.

"Soon after he returned I wanted to make my passion for photography into a business. My husband was so supportive and wanted me to be doing something I loved. Of course he didn't realize what he was getting into and I didn't realize how addicting the whole digital world could be." the woman sighed and picked up the little girl w/curls who was pawing at her quietly saying "mommy, I want you".

"Digital has it's challenges and I so enjoy it and become frustrated with it and want to embrace all it has to offer. I also want to find a good balance between it and my family. I want to capture memories for others but I want to capture my own memories as well." she sighs again and looks at her family and then back at the group and says "I hope that I can find the balance and share many beautiful memories that have been captured along the journey of this next year."

She stops and looks at each member in the circle and says, "As this new year begins, may it bring our addiction into full realization while finding the balance we so need to succeed." and with that she sits down and the 2 boys, with bald heads, start to clammer onto her while her husband pulls her close and kisses the side of her face.

No comments: