Friday, January 2, 2009

Take Pictures Please!!

I know it might seem rather odd to be admonishing fellow photographers to take pictures but sometimes I think we get lost in the art of photography and forget about the memories it leaves behind. I was reminded of how often people do not have family portraits made or don't even take pictures this fall when my aunt passed away. My uncle searched high and low and could nto find a single picture of my aunt by herself or recently aside from her drivers license. I was astonished because I have many images of my loved ones on my walls not to mention my hard drive, my photoalbums, my scrapbooks and who knows where else! But nonetheless it reminded me I need to capture the small moments too. Moments like these...

or that headful of curls she has for now!


Even using a point and shoot to document part of my life


So for 2009 strive not only to record memories for you clients but also for your family aswell!

4 comments:

Heather Georger said...

I love this post Kara! And those curls are to die for!

Charlotte said...

Those curls! To die for! That is beautiful!

Linda aka Elemobe said...

Very good point, and great photos.

Denise Steim Photography said...

What a precious picture and a beautiful post, Kara. You HAVE inspired me today, to take more pics of my kids!!