Friday, January 2, 2009

Kayla Renckly Photography ~ Phoenix, AZ


Hey there, my name is Kayla Renckly! I'm almost 26 and I'm a photographer in the Phoenix area (in the west valley). I've been married 5 1/2 years to my best friend from childhood and we have two sons, Ethan is 4 and Collin is 18 months, but we'd like to add more.

I have always been the crazy girl with a camera since I can remember, starting with a turquoise Kodak point-and-shoot. I wanted to be a stay-at-home-mom after I had my son and I loved taking pictures of him. I bought my first DSLR in 2005, a Konica Minolta 7d. I started portfolio building in late 2005/early 2006 and really felt I could call myself a professional photographer in late 2007. I upgraded to a Sony A700 and absolutely adore it!

Looking back, I took one of the hardest paths towards this dream and I'm still trying to undo several of those mistakes business-wise. I go through some of those "awesome" photos I took and laugh, I feel like I've come SO far! I'd love to be able to save someone else some of the headaches and hopefully being as inspiring as I am inspired by these seriously talented photographers!

No comments: