Friday, January 2, 2009

{Saint Anthony Indiana Photographer} Jeannette of Jena Photography

Hello, my name is Jeannette Kaufmann. I'm 33 and a photographer in Southern Indiana. My boyfriend Brett and I have been together for just over a year. We have three children combined. Christian 17, Frankie 11 and Eliana 4.

I'm not sure how old I was when I got my first camera. I've always loved taking photographs. When my daughter was born in 2004 I started taking more photos. When she was 18 months old the bug really hit me. At that time (2005) I was using a Fuji Z1 and got some really good photos. Shortly after (2006) that I got a Canon S3 IS and learned it was limiting for me. In October 2007 my dad got me a Canon XTi as an early Christmas gift. And in May 2008 I sold my XTi and upgraded to a Canon 40D.

Ah my lenses I started with a 50mm 1.8 with my XTi and skipped the kit lens. Then for Christmas 2007 I got a 85mm 1.8. In May 2008 I also got a 24-70 2.8 but soon learned I didn't like zooms. I sold it and got a 100mm Macro 2.8 and a 24mm 2.8 in its place. Just a week ago I sold my 24mm 2.8 and replaced it with a Sigma 30mm 1.4. Which I love and I've only had it for 3 days. I'm so glad I purchased it. And I'm even shooting with it wide open which I normally don't do.

Photo of the Day Blog and my website Jena Photography.

ps ... I'll have to edit and post a photo of me once I get one. I don't have any of me.

No comments: