Friday, January 2, 2009

Kristen Duke Photography~Austin, Texas



Hello, I'm Kristen, and I've been in the photography business for about 5 years. I started with my film SLR and after about a year was convinced by another photographer friend that I needed to go digital, so I bought the very first rebel a year later. I used that for a year and a half til it kinda broke, I then got the 20D and used that for 2 years. Then, last summer got my 5D. I used my 50mm almost exclusively with my 20D for nearly 2 years and this year I have gone LENS CRAZY!!!

In high school (in Houston) I was on the yearbook staff as a photographer and developed in the darkroom. That was a lot of fun and I'm SO glad I had that opportunity. When I went to college at BYU, and had the intention to major in photography, but it just didn't feel right at the time. I ended up getting my Bachelors in Human Development--thinking I'd be a marriage and family therapist. But I got married, didn't want to do grad school anymore, and started my family. I've got 3 kids with 1 on the way. I've been married for 9 years, and turned the ripe old age of 30 this year. My photog business is strictly "on the side" and I usually only do sessions when my husband is home. I am so grateful that I'm able to do what I love while still....doing what I love. If that makes sense:) I get to do both.

I'm excited to get to know all of you...I already checked out a few of your blogs and left comments, so feel free to peruse my website and blog. I LOVE comments! You leave me blog love, I leave you blog love:) ~Kristen

2 comments:

Heather Georger said...

I did not know you had a bun in the oven! Congrats!!!!

Sarah said...

Awww thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog today! I will be returning the love. Your work is gorgeous! Congrats on the bun in the oven!!